Monday, February 20, 2012

I have to admit, I've been doing this yo-yo Vegan thing for almost a year now. I fell off the wagon after a week the first time around. Whoops. Now that I'm back home, I've been able to make it work a little better.
I found this incredibly helpful blog that has really made things easy for me. I still don't have the time I need or that I would like to really put 100 percent into it, however I'm also realizing that going 100% is not going to happen over night. I've made a lot of small adjustments, and so far it has been working well. I fell off the wagon for a few days because of a work pot luck, and a night drinking with friends, but I am now back on the right track!
Until I have more time to prepare meals, and figure out which things will keep ok being prepared ahead of time, I'll be sticking to Amy's Kitchen meals for a while. I'm sure most, if not all the ones I have eaten are not vegan, and that is ok for now. I'm doing my best and putting your best foot forward is what is important.

Tomorrow evening, my meal is going to be a semi experimental one, of a pizza that I have edited, from the restaurant I work at.

Truth is, I absolutely love mushrooms. We have this amazing mushroom pizza at work, but unfortunately its loaded with cheese. I decided to have a go at making this myself, but I had to prep. We use 4 different types of mushrooms, but I started with two (and I don't recall what they were). I bought them presliced, added some minced garlic, sea salt, olive oil and crushed red pepper, tossed it all together, and roasted them in the oven for about 15 min @ 425* F.

They are in the fridge now cooling, and I will be using them tomorrow. I haven't decided if I want to use a whole wheat pita or a wrap as my "crust". I also picked up some Daiya vegan mozzarella cheese. This will be my 2nd time working with vegan cheese. The first was almost a year a go when I made Mac & Cheese (from the Skinny Bitch book). I didn't really notice it because it was melted and mixed in. This is going to be a totally different experience since its going to be an actual pizza. I am excited to try this out!

I plan on hitting the gym tomorrow also after work. I got a membership to the Y almost a month ago, but due to working nearly 70 hours a week, it was virtually impossible to go. So tomorrow, I will be there, exploring what they have. Then I'll make my pizza, and share photos :)

No comments:

Post a Comment